If you are a travel freak or not, there is certain excitement when it comes to planning trips. Choosing destinations, fixing on a budget, deciding the direction of your exploration is no less than going through a virtual trip. And while going on an unplanned trip may sound cool enough, having a proper itinerary gives a good structure to your travels. But making this structure isn't as easy. It takes a lot of research and calling up different people to get a defined structure, fitting in all that you want to cover and managing the money is a task in itself. It can also thus become a stressful job of planning a trip. Although today there are several companies that can give you a readymade itinerary, they also charge an additional cost. So this week, let us help you with some tips to make a perfect itinerary. 15 Simple Hacks To Make Sure You Travel Like a Pro!
Tips to Make a Perfect Itinerary
- Start with collecting all the information about the places you wish to go. Figure out the weather, the best time to visit, the places around where you can go. Also, try and read some blogs by previous travellers to the place to get a better idea.
- Make a list of things to do and places to visit. That list will help you keep a balance between the activities so that you don't get too tired and exhausted.
- Once you have a list ready, divide it into sections. It could be the places to eat, the places to explore, the activities to try out.
- Create a budget for your trip. Depending on your budget you will decide the places of residence and modes of transport. If you are going to go by a private car then you just have to book one. But if you are going to take a local transport then you will also have to plan by the timings of the bus or trains.
- Set a time frame. Decide which day you will travel where and keep an estimate of how much time it will take for you to reach your next destination.
- Make it flexible. An itinerary is supposed to be a draft for your trip but it doesn't mean you will stick by it completely. Be prepared to have a Plan B if Plan A does not work.
- Once you have made a proper complete itinerary, redraft it! Yes, because although a complete itinerary gives some happiness, you might have missed some things. Go through it, be calculative and see if all your things are sorted.
These are some of the things you should keep in mind while drafting an itinerary. It is always better to have a plan and know about your destination rather than wandering like a lost soul. There is also some sort of satisfaction in knowing that you have followed your plan and completed your journey with good memories.