Kolkata, Jul 2 (PTI) A 13-year-old boy died of electrocution on Saturday as he accidentally touched a street light pole in the city while returning from tuition, police said.

The incident occurred at 6.30 pm in Rajabazar area when Mohammed Faijan, a resident of Saheb Bagan, touched the pole on Rajnarayan Street and collapsed, a senior officer said.

Also Read | Agnipath Scheme: AAP Govt Likely to Bring Resolution Against Defence Recruitment Scheme in Upcoming Delhi Assembly Session.

Faijan was with his father when the incident happened and was returning home from tuition.

Locals took him to the Calcutta Medical College and Hospital where he was declared "brought dead", the policeman said, adding that an investigation has been initiated.

Also Read | Assam Floods: Death Toll Rises to 174, Over 22.17 Lakh People Marooned in Northeast State Amid Heavy Rains.

The body of the teenager was sent for post-mortem examination, the officer said.

The power supply in the area was temporarily snapped after the incident, said a senior official of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from Syndicated News feed, LatestLY Staff may not have modified or edited the content body)