A news has been doing the rounds about Mukesh Ambani’s son Akash Ambani is likely to tie the knot with his school friend Shloka Mehta. The family hasn’t given any confirmations on the same but there have been speculations about the union of two business families. But who is Shloka Mehta? Let us tell you a few things about the speculated Bahu of one of the richest families- Ambanis
- Shloka is the youngest daughter of diamantaire Russell Mehta. Russell Mehta is the flagship owner of Belgium-based Rosy Blue, diamond jewellery companies. The company also owns the retail brand Orra.
- Shloka’s mother is Mona, who is said to be closely related to Nirav Modi, who has been caught in the controversy recently. She has two elder siblings.
- Shloka happens to be the director of Rosy Blue Foundation since July 2014.
- She attended the Dhirubhai Ambani International School in 2009 and was a classmate of Akash Ambani. She further went on to study abroad.
- She studied Anthropology at Princeton University and for completed her Masters in Law at The London School of Economics and Political Science.
- She is also a co-founder of ConnectFor, which matches volunteers with NGOs that need them. In just two months of their beginning, they matched more than 450 volunteers.
- Shloka has always been interested in working in the social sector. She was actively volunteering during her school to college days.
- Shloka is an avid reader and loves reading everything. She is also keen into doing research.
Sources close to the family say the engagement could be in the next few weeks and it would be likely a December wedding. The Mehtas and Ambanis have been family friends for long, so such a union between the two business families looks very likely. Akash and twin sister Isha are eldest of the three children of Mukesh and Nita Ambani. He is on the board of Reliance Jio, the group's fast-growing telecom venture.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Mar 05, 2018 03:05 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).