13th of February every year is observed as the International Condom Day. The day seeks to increase awareness regarding the condoms as a contraceptive method. Condoms work as one of the most practical methods of preventing unwanted pregnancies and unwanted STIs and STDs. Condoms are also a very cheap method of contraception. The thin rubber/latex covers are way better than having oral contraceptive pills. All a man has to do is wear the condom onto his penis during sexual intercourse, and one can easily protect themselves from not only unwanted and unexpected pregnancies but also horrible infections and diseases that can be transmitted via sex. Condoms are available is a large variety in terms of flavour and material. How To Use A Female Condom: Step by Step Video To Wear The Women's Contraceptive.
Promoted by the International AIDS Healthcare Foundation, Condom Day is a way of supporting by the effort to reduce the spread of HIV via safe sex practices, and it has been an informal observance celebrated in connection with Valentine's Day. However, the effectiveness of condoms can be compromised if it is not used in the right way.
Mistakes to avoid while using condoms
1. Tear the packet the right way. You don't want to rupture the condoms while opening it, therefore make sure that you open the pack correctly.
2. Know your size. Condoms these days come in various sizes, and you must choose the one that fits your penis perfectly.
3. Check for latex allergy. If you are using condoms for the first time, you might want to check for latex allergy by first trying it on your skin otherwise. There are non-latex condoms available as well you can opt for that if you suffer from latex allergy.
4. Don't reuse condoms. DO NOT REUSE CONDOMS. Many people think that washing and reusing condoms is fine, but it will only cause infection.
5. Not checking the expiry date. Condoms have expiry day as well. Please check the expiry date and use accordingly.
6. Not pinching the condom on the top. You must leave some space at the top of the condom while wearing it. Pinch on the top of the condom to make some room for the sperms to collect.
You can get latex, non-latex, lambskin and even female condoms that are readily available. Condoms available in latex and polyurethane material are, are a few effective measures of preventing the transmission of STIs and HIV.