UK Boy With Terminal Cancer Holds On to Meet His Baby Sister, Passes Away on Christmas Eve
Bailey Cooper with his newborn sister (Photo Credits: RM Videos YouTube)

A nine-year-old boy diagnosed with terminal cancer cradled his newborn sister for the first and last time after which he passed away. He had vowed to meet his sister no matter what. Bailey Cooper, from Bristol, battled Non-Hodgkin lymphoma for 15 months before his sister was born. However, that did not stop him from meeting the baby even on one of his terrible days. His mother Rachel gave birth to a girl in November and while he was going through treatment.

While the doctors initially thought it was a viral chest infection, in 2016 they found out that the Bailey had third-stage cancer. On his deathbed, Bailey Cooper told his family, "it's my time to go, to become her guardian angel." Four Cancer Survivor Girls Reunite at Florida Hospital for an Adorable Photo Two Years Later (See Picture)

He was only weeks away from death, when he held little Millie in his hand. Lee and Rachel passed away at noon on Christmas Eve. Rachel said, "We didn't think he would last that long, but he was determined to meet Millie. It got to the end of November and Millie was born. He hugged her and did everything an older brother would do — change her, wash her, sing to her."

His father Lee told Bristol Post, "Doctors said he was going to go before Millie was born. He didn't. He fought, and on the way to the hospital, he said we should call her Millie. But the moment after he met her, he began to taper off quickly. He was slipping away."

Watch the video of Bailey cradling his sister:

His parents said that he knew he would die soon and had planned his own funeral. He told those attending his funeral should be dressed in superhero outfits and told his parents they were "only allowed to cry for 20 minutes". He also said, "You have to take care of Riley and Millie." When his parents asked him to write down gifts he wanted, he picked up those that his older brother Riley can use because he knew he wasn't going to stay for long. Bailey's funeral was attended by hundreds of people including Bristol Rovers FC captain Tom Lockyer.