Srinagar, Feb 3 (PTI) Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday handed over a cheque of Rs 1 lakh to the family of a victim of acid attack that took place in the city two days ago.

Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Mohammad Aijaz Asad along with Senior Superintendent of Police Rakesh Balwal visited SMHS Hospital to oversee the medical treatment of the 24-year old acid attack survivor, an official spokesman said.

Also Read | Param Pravega: India Gets New Supercomputer, the Most Powerful So Far.

The DC and SSP interacted with the parents of the victim and expressed their solidarity with her, he said.

On the occasion, the DC handed over a cheque of Rs 1 lakh out of District Red Cross Fund as an immediate assistance to the victim's family and also assured all possible support from the local authority.

Also Read | DD Sports Not To Live Telecast Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 Opening and Closing Ceremonies.

The DC was informed by the doctors that all the best medical facilities are being given to the survivor.

The doctors are monitoring her condition and she is in a stable condition, said the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital.

Since the attack, three persons, including the alleged stalker of the victim, have been arrested by police.

(The above story is verified and authored by Press Trust of India (PTI) staff. PTI, India’s premier news agency, employs more than 400 journalists and 500 stringers to cover almost every district and small town in India.. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)