Mumbai Female RPF Officer Goes Out of the Way to Help Estranged Children Reach Their Parents in Bihar and West Bengal!
Child (Photo Credits: Unsplash/Representational Image)

Three minor children were reunited with their parents due to the kind act of a female Railway Protection Force (RPF) officer. RPF sub-inspector Vineeta Shukla saw a 17-year-old sitting alone on a Dadar FOB staircase. The boy could only say that he was from Bihar. Generally, when minors are not able to provide their parents' details, they are sent to a children shelter. But Shukla said that the boy's face haunted her and she decided to trace his family. Shukla managed the phone number of a local Bihar police station and found his family.

Dadar RPF senior inspector Satish Menon said, "The Bihar boy had a learning disability and fought with a cousin before leaving. He reached Dadar on August 27. When we found him, he was shivering and hadn’t eaten for eight for eight days." Sikh Police Officer Saves Man From Being Attacked by Mob in Uttarakhand (Watch Video)

A month after the boy left home on August 15, he was reunited with his family. Shukla also helped two minor girls reach their families in West Bengal. When the boy failed to produce details of his family, he was produced before the Child Welfare Committee and send to shelter home.

According to the report in The Times of India, Shukla said that she searched for the police station's phone number on the internet. She got an IPS officer' number who assured her that a policeman form Ara would contact her. Then an inspector contacted her and Shukla sent the boy's photo on WhatsApp. The inspector confirmed that he was missing from Jagdishpur near Ara and his parents were in search of him. Raipur Traffic Constable Saves Youth Trying to Commit Suicide From Skywalk (Watch Video)

As the family couldn't afford the trip to Mumbai, Shukla approached the Sarpanch to write to villagers for funds. The parents finally came to Mumbai on September 14. As the children's home was closed during the weekend, Shukla made arrangement for their accommodation and food. The parents finally met the boy on September 17 and couldn't thank the police officer. They left for their hometown the same day.

In a similar incident, two minor girls were asking for directions at Dadar station. On being questioned, one of them said that her mother was to meet them and gave a phone number which was switched off. However, they later admitted that they had run away from homes to see Mumbai. One had stolen Rs 5,000 and other had taken gold ornaments. The duo was sent to shelter homes and the West Bengal police were contacted who confirmed that they were missing. The families later came and took the children home.