Bijapur (Chhattisgarh) [India], February 21 (ANI): The security forces demolished a total of four Maoist memorials constructed in the jurisdictions of Farsegarh and Tarrem police stations on Friday.

To completely eradicate Maoism and establish lasting peace, security, and development in the region, security forces have been systematically eliminating all symbolic structures, signs of violence, and remnants of fear created by the Maoists.

Also Read | Karnataka Temple New Rules: Government Enforces Strict Rules and Mandatory Fees for Filming Video Reels at Muzrai Temples.

Earlier this month, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) demolished a memorial of Ravula Srinivas alias Ramanna, who was a central committee member of the Maoists, in Gogunda village of Chhattisgarh's Sukma district.

Speaking with ANI, Assistant Commandant of 74th Battalion Videkho Kiye said, "This area in Gogunda had been under naxal control for a long time and was a cutoff area for the security forces... But the 74th Battalion established a forward operating base on November 20th, 2025. Today, the monument of a Maoist CC member, Ramanna, was demolished by the Battalion in a joint operation... This will pave the way for a brighter future for the upcoming generation."

Also Read | India Rejects 'Third Category' Membership Proposal in UNSC, Calls It Ploy to Delay Permanent Membership Reforms.

Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday again reiterated the Central government's commitment to end Naxalism by March 31 this year, a decade-old menace that left many civilians and security forces dead.

Shah's assurance came while speaking at the 79th Foundation Day of Delhi Police, as the Centre's deadline to eradicate Naxalism would expire in the next 44 days.

"Maoist insurgency, which had spread across 11 states, had long been considered a major challenge to the country's internal security. However, I am glad to convey to the nation, through the people of Delhi, that we are very close to permanently freeing the affected regions from Naxalism. I would like to once again assure the people that by March 31, 2026, we will succeed in freeing the entire country from Maoist violence. This will be a major achievement for our security forces," Shah said.

Previously, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai updated that security forces neutralised 364 Naxals, arrested 1022, and facilitated 2337 surrenders in 2025. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)