Riyadh [Saudi Arabia], October 9 (ANI): The Saudi-led coalition has announced five minor injuries in a Houthi attack that targeted Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah Airport in Jazan, a southwestern port city bordering Yemen, according to reports.
Citing Saudi Press Agency, Xinhua reported that a spokesperson of the coalition Brigadier-General Turki Al-Malki said that the attack was through a projectile that fell on the airport.
Also Read | Afghanistan Bomb Blast: ISIS Claims Kunduz’s Mosque Attack, Says It Targeted Shiites.
The five injuries were among civilian travellers and airport staff, said the spokesperson, noting that the airport is used by thousands of civilian nationals and multinational expat travellers.
According to Xinhua, the Houthi militia targets various Saudi cities with missiles and drones, especially the border areas. Most of the attacks had been foiled before reaching their targets.
Also Read | COVID-19 Will Become Like Common Cold But That Will Take a While, Says Malcolm Grant.
Saudi Arabia has been leading the Arab military coalition that intervened in Yemen in 2015 to support the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi after Houthis forced him into exile. (ANI)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)













Quickly


