A police dog knows his job, but this one sniffer dog named Jake got carried away for doing his job rather too well! Police dog Jake was helping his crew to search for drugs from a rave party on a cruise in Florida. Unfortunately while sniffing out drugs, he found a packet of some powder from one of the party attendants and got high, probably for sniffing too much! Jake had to be taken to a vet and it was confirmed he had ecstasy. Chihuahua Accidentally Consumed Marijuana Edible! Video of Stoned Dog Goes Viral.
The incident took place on last weekend on the 'Holy Ship' cruise in Port Canaveral, Florida. Passengers had smuggled some drugs for the dance music party. Jake was taken aboard to sniff out the drugs but soon he started behaving weirdly. "(The dog) started having some problems with balance and had some type of seizure incident of some sort, was showing effects of having inhaled some substance," said Tod Goodyear, Brevard County Sheriff to a news report. Jake was given a medication to cure the effects, but he had to be taken to a vet. Drunk Seagulls Rescued After Being Found 'Confused And Disoriented' Near Beaches in Southern England.
The medical tests at the vet confirmed Jake had ingested a form of the drug ecstasy. The cops then found the passenger who was carrying this drug and arrested him. He has been charged for possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and also possession of drug paraphernalia and equipment. He was hiding the drugs in his pocket, which the sniffer dog found. The dog is stable now but is still recovering. Although this is not the first time, animals have been found to be intoxicated, but this particular incident also highlights the risks on the job for the sniffer dogs.