CNN Sues US President Donald Trump’s Administration for Cancellation of Jim Acosta’s Press Credentials
Jim Acosta (Photo Credits: Facebook)

New York, November 13: Cable News Network popularly known as CNN has filed a lawsuit against the United States President Donald Trump and several of his aides, demanding chief White House correspondent for CNN Jim Acosta's press credentials to cover the White House to be returned. This comes after the Trump administration revoked them last week following Trump's press conference, where Acosta refused to give up his microphone when Trump said he didn't want to hear anything from him.

CNN in its statement said, “The wrongful revocation of these credentials violates CNN and Acosta’s First Amendment rights of freedom of the press.” The statement further added, "While the suit is specific to CNN and Acosta, this could have happened to anyone. If left unchallenged, the actions of the White House would create a dangerous chilling effect for any journalist who covers our elected officials." Donald Trump's Tirade Against CNN Journalists Continues, Shuns Down Abby Phillip With 'What a Stupid Question' Reprimand.

The lawsuit was filed Today in the Washington D.C District Court. CNN claimed that revocation of Acosta's press pass is a violation of the constitutional rights to freedom to the press. CNN has asked White House to immediately restrain order to return Acosta's press pass.