Bengaluru (Karnataka) [India], January 16 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Ramesh Jarakiholi, a former state Cabinet Minister who had resigned from his post due to his alleged involvement in 'sex for job' scandal last year, met Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Arvindrao Deshpande on Saturday to be considered for the next cabinet expansion of the state government, as per sources.

Sources have said that the former minister wants to be considered for a ministerial post in the next cabinet expansion in Karnataka.

Also Read | Reopening of Schools Amid Coronavirus: ‘No Science’ Behind Waiting For Kids to Get Vaccinated For Restarting Educational Institutions, Says World Bank Education Director Jaime Saavedra.

However, Jarakiholi after the meeting said that he had meet Deshpande just to convey him his festival wishes.

Opportunities in the cabinet are being discussed for newcomers, such as Mahesh Kumathalli for a ministerial position in expected cabinet expansion.

Also Read | COVID-19 Restrictions in Uttar Pradesh: Schools, Colleges To Remain Closed Till January 23.

Ramesh Jarakiholi was forced to leave his ministerial post due to his alleged involvement in 'sex for job' scandal last year.

A case was registered against Jarkiholi for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman.

Addressing reporters, the complainant Dinesh Kallahalli, who is a social activist, had said, "I have lodged a complaint with police, demanding a probe into a sex scandal involving Ramesh Jarkiholi."

Jarkiholi has denied the allegations. (ANI)

(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)