Eating Leftover Pasta Kills 20-Year-Old from US Even After He Microwaved the Spaghetti
Leftover pasta kills a 201-year-old. (Photo Credit: Pixabay)

A shocking incident has come to the fore where a student from Brussels, Belgium died after eating leftover pasta. The boy had consumed some five-day-old pasta left on his kitchen benchtop. The 20-year-old became very sick and tried to sleep the sickness off. However, unfortunately, he was found dead in his bed the next morning by his parents, as per a 2011 case study called "Sudden Death of a Young Adult Associated with Bacillus cereus Food Poisoning." Here's How Eating Leftover Food Could Be Damaging Your Health.

As per the report, the boy AJ returned from school and warmed the spaghetti in the microwave oven to eat. Soon after eating the pasta, he left home only to return in 30 minutes later. He showed symptoms of headaches, abdominal pain, and nausea. As soon he arrived, he vomited profusely for several hours and at midnight had two episodes of watery diarrhoea for which he did not receive any medication and drank only water.

He was found dead next morning at 11:00 am by his parents. This incident occurred on the 1st of October 2008, and a case study on this incident in the year 2011 in the Journal of Clinical Biology. However, very recently Dr Bernard who a licenced practitioner who studies and also owns a YouTube channel where he shares bizarre medical cases described the whole case in form of a video and talked about how his liver failed.

Take a look at the video made by Dr Bernard explaining what must have gone down in AJ's case.

While the samples of spoiled pasta and the tomato sauce were analysed, they found that they had a "significant amounts" of the virus B.cereus, although there was none in the sauce. "Many people eat pasta, or any other form of noodles, that are leftover for a day or two and they're fine," he said, "but be careful of food left out for more than a few hours. If the food smells funny, it's always better to be safe than sorry."