Hair problems like hair loss, brittle, damaged hair, no hair growth has become very common problems these days especially because of increased pollution and deteriorating diet. However, one must understand that protein is what majorly helps build strong, luscious hair. Other nutrients like complex carbohydrates, B vitamins, iron, fatty acids, sulphur and zinc also helps your over all hair health. A perfect balance of all these nutrients is what you want in your daily diet. However, here are a few superfoods that will act help you achieve perfect hair in the most healthy and natural manner.
8 superfoods that help promote hair growth, curb hair loss and improve overall hair health:
- Eggs: Consuming foods rich in protein leads to a better hair growth and improved overall hair health. Hair contains Keratin which itself is a kind of protein and helps maintain good hair. Foods like eggs that are also a great source of proteins are beneficial for your hair. While it even gives a good texture to your hair, it also contains other nutrients like biotin and vitamin B that play a vital role in preventing hair loss and improve overall scalp health.
- Almonds: While all kinds of nuts like Pecans, Walnuts or Cashewnuts are great for your hair, almonds do stand out. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids almonds helps prevent hair loss and add shine and volume to your hair. Also, vitamin E, present in almonds helps to prevent split ends.
- Broccoli: Rich in Vitamin A and C broccoli also produces sebum (an oily substance which is secreted by hair follicles) acts like a natural conditioner for your hair. Broccoli also has other essential nutrients for hair growth like potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin, Omega-3 Fatty acids, and iron.
- Sunflower seeds: There are various nutrients present in Sunflower seeds that helps promote hair growth. Sunflower seeds are rich in nutrients helpful for hair growth like copper, zinc, selenium, biotin, iron, vitamin B, vitamin E, magnesium, protein, magnesium, and calcium.
- Avocados: Rich in vitamins B and E, avocados help in protecting and strengthening your hair. While Vitamin B which is essential for hair growth, vitamin E helps repair all the damage done to the scalp.
- Oysters: Oyster contains a good amount of zinc which is essential for your body to have a overall good health and is also one of the important minerals for a better hair growth. Loaded with zinc it also helps improve blood circulation in the scalp which in turn provides well moisturized and healthier hair.
- Sweet potatoes: They have a lot of beta-carotene which your body easily converts into Vitamin A which, in turn, helps improve your scalp health and also promote a good hair growth.
- Salmon: There are many reasons salmons are great for your hair Salmon is rich in various nutrients like protein, iron, vitamins, vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids and all these nutrients help a healthy hair growth. Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that can help keep the scalp supple and hydrated which, in turn, helps your hair grow properly. A deficiency of this leads to hair loss.
You must remember that your hair is what you eat therefore you must make sure that you maintain a good diet to maintain healthy, strong, shiny hair. Eating junk food and unhealthy food items doesn't only increase dandruff but also paves way for weight loss. However, you must also know that your hair loss persists even after maintaining a good diet, it is a sign that you need to visit a doctor because it could be a symptom of some underlying health problem.