Beer lovers will be glad to know that there is more to beer than just becoming high and relaxed. Studies suggest that moderate or light beer consumption is actually good for your health. From improving heart health to reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes beer is tied with a lot of health benefits. It is also known to improve lipid metabolism and oxidative stress, yes, it has both mental and physical health benefits.
However, while there are many Science-Backed Health Benefits Of Beer, you'll be surprised to know that beer is also associated with skincare and hair care benefits. Here are why you must include beer in your skincare and hair care regime.
Skincare Benefits of Beer :
1. Beer helps in dissolving the dead cells of the skin which directly helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin. Yes! Beer can make you look youthful.
2. Beer contains vitamin B, yeast, hops, and saccharides these are known to be amazingly useful for the skin in many ways by making your skin look clear and glowing.
3. Brown spots and blocked pores can also be cleared just by adding some amount of lemon in beer and using it in your skincare routine.
4. Beer also acts as a soothing cleanser and removes all the toxins out of the body with its alcoholic characters.
5. Beer is also known to help get rid of acne due to its antibacterial properties.
6. Vitamin B present in beer helps to keep the skin hydrated keeping it smooth and soft.
Here Are Different Ways In Which Beer is Great For Your Hair:
- Get Shiny Hair: Drinking beer helps you get shiny as it contains malt in it which is present in the bubbles that you see in it. You can also use beer to wash your hair and reap its benefits.
- Get Strong hair: Beer is also rich in protein that directly helps in making your hair stronger. Having beer also helps in restoring damaged hair caused by the extreme use of products on your hair
- Increases volume of hair: Activated Yeast present in beer helps in making your hair bouncy by nourishing its cuticles. It is known to help increase the volume of hair and make your hair denser.
- Excellent for hair growth: Various nutrients present in the beer like phosphorus, magnesium, iron, Vitamin B12, copper, Anti-oxidants, hop, yeast and malt collectively help in hair growth.
- Purifies well: Mixing bubble beer with shampoo and using it to cleanse your hair helps you get a good scalp. With consistent use, you will see that your hair doesn't need much shampooing as it used to earlier.
While there are a lot of beer skincare and hair care products available in the market, there is nothing like DIY-ing at home as it reduces the number of preservatives in it.
Here's How You Can Make DIY Beer Face Mask And Shampoo at Home:
Beer, lemon, tea tree oil, honey and aloe vera face mask:
Take 3 tsp of beer and 1 tsp of lemon and honey and mix well now add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and 1 tsp of aloe vera gel (The transparent flesh of aloe vera stem). Mix all the ingredients and apply it on the skin. Keep it for about 15 minutes and rinse clean. Apply a natural moisturiser, like coconut oil r any facial oil that suits you.
Mix beer with egg white in equal portions depending on your hair length and wash your hair with it like you would with your normal shampoo and rinse well. Don't forget to use a nice smelling conditioner and serum to get rid of the beer smell from your hair.
While beer has a lot of health and beauty benefits you must know that moderation is the key when it comes to the consumption of beer. The best was to reap its benefits is it to drinking less of it. Also, in the case of its topical use more than the quantity the strong smell of beer is what may bother you.