Jyeshtha Gauri Puja is a popular Maharashtrian festival celebrated mostly among the people of the Marathi community. On this day, Marathi women perform a strict fast for three days and worship Goddess Gauri. Jyeshtha Gauri Puja is done to achieve wealth and prosperity in life. As per the Hindu calendar, Jyeshtha Gauri Puja falls on the Shukla Ashtami of Bhadrapada month. This year, Jyeshtha Gauri Puja 2023 will be celebrated on Friday, September 22, 2023. Devotees observe fast and offer prayers to Goddess Gauri and seek her blessings. According to Drikpanchang, Jyeshtha Gauri Avahana falls on Thursday, September 21, and Jyeshtha Gauri Visarjan Day is on Saturday, September 23. As Jyeshtha Gauri Puja 2023 nears, here’s all you need to know about Jyeshtha Gauri Puja 2023 date, puja vidhi and the significance of the day. Mahalakshmi Vrat 2023 Start and End Dates: Tithi, Shubh Muhurat, Puja Vidhi and Rangoli Designs To Celebrate the Auspicious Hindu Festival.
Jyeshtha Gauri Puja 2023 Date
Jyeshtha Gauri Puja 2023 will be celebrated on Friday, September 22, 2023.
Jyeshtha Gauri Puja 2023 Puja Vidhi
- Devotees should wake up early in the morning and take a bath before starting all the puja rituals.
- Women who observe fast, try to wear red coloured clothes on this day.
- First clean the Puja room and take a wooden plank and place the idol of Gauri Mata and light a diya with desi ghee and offer all the puja samagri.
- Take a sankalp of observing fast with immense devotion and dedication and complete all the rituals by chanting Aarti.
- Devotees should note the before breaking the fast in the evening, they should offer bhog prasad to Goddess Gauri and then break the fast.
Jyeshtha Gauri Puja Significance
Jyeshtha Gauri Puja is an important festival for Hindu women, especially in Maharashtra. The day is dedicated to the worship of Mata Gauri and falls on the fourth or fifth day after Ganesh Chaturthi every year. Jyeshtha Gauri Puja vrat is observed by both married and unmarried women. While married women pray for the long life and well-being of their husbands, unmarried women observe a fast for an ideal husband. Couples observe this fast to get marital bliss and happiness throughout life.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Sep 21, 2023 10:53 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).