Couples who have sexual problems and find difficulties in conceiving, should adopt some age-old Ayurvedic remedy to overcome these issues. The traditional herbs are known for eradicating many diseases and improving your chances of getting pregnant. Scroll down below to know Ayurvedic ways by which men and women can improve fertility for having a better sex life. Planning to Get Pregnant? Have These 8 Fertility-Boosting Foods to Improve Your Chances of Conceiving.
Ayurvedic tips to improve fertility in men and women
The reproductive health of men and women depends upon the health of Shukra Dhatu. In women, the Shukra Dhatu produces the ovum, whereas in men it is responsible for releasing the semen. There are seven types of Dhatus in our body which are the tissues of our body. Shukra Dhatu is the seventh dhatu of our body. The other six dhatus are rasa, rakta, mamsa, medas, asthi, majja, and shukra. In English, these 7 Dhatus are plasma, blood, muscle, fat, bone, marrow/nerve and reproductive tissue. The other six dhatus are responsible for creating the raw material for Shukra Dhatu by chain of metabolic transformation.
Points to be noted for ensuring overall fertility
- In order to increase the Shukra Dhatu, one should consume foods and herbs known as Vrishya, as per advice.
- Keep the stress level to a minimum and start taking fewer worries.
- Improvement in lifestyle is also necessary like one should quit smoking, alcohol drinking. You should dedicate some time to exercise, which will keep you fit and avoid getting overweight which also leads to bad fertility.
- Try as much as possible to include food that is high in antioxidant like carotene, Vitamin A, C and E. These contents are high in foods like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers to name a few.
- Reduce chemical exposure like pesticide and industrial pollutants.
Tips for Women to improve fertility
- Herbs like Ashoka, Lodhra (symplocos Racemosa) and Shatavari stimulate and increase the level of reproductive hormones like FSH, LH.
- Soybeans enhance the estrogenic activity and balance the hormonal activity, therefore it should be included in the diet.
- Try avoiding foods which are hot and spicy in nature as it lowers the quality of ovum in women.
- Make a point of eating pineapple as it contains bromelain which can be beneficial for healthy ovum.
- Take special precaution during menstrual cycles by avoiding excessive travelling, junk food and heavy meals.
Tips for Men to improve fertility
- Men should perform pelvic floor exercise and yoga-like Padmasan, Mool bandha should be done regularly.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Kawach (Mucuna Pruriens), Shilajit, Ashwagandha, Safed Musli, can be beneficial and should be included in the diet.
- Spices like ajwain, cumin, turmeric help cleanse genitourinary tract and hence be added in your meals.
- Men should do some exercises and do away with smoking and drinking of alcohol. Exercises like squat boost testosterone which also plays a vital role in making good quality sperm. How to Increase Sperm Count with Diet: 10 Best Foods to Improve Men's Fertility and Sex Drive.
Fertility factor should not be ignored and those of you are facing problems related to it should resolve it by proper consultation and guidance. Your sex life spice up your love life or marriage life; couples who do not have a happy sex life or rather face problem in conceiving end up with their relationship soon.
(This article has been contributed by Dr Surya A.Bhagwati, Dr.Vaidya’s clinic.)