Yusaku Maezawa, the First Private Passenger to the Moon on Elon Musk’s BFR: Know All About the Japanese Billionaire
Elon Musk. CEO of SpaceX had promised a trip to space and it is happening. The first ever private passenger to go to space and on a trip around the moon has been revealed. Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa gets the honour of flying around the moon in Big Falcon Rocket (BFR). After nearly half a century, a private passenger will be making a trip to our satellite. The trip in space will most probably be launched in the year 2023. One question among the science and space enthusiasts would be who is Maezawa and why him. Well, let us tell you everything we know about the billionaire. SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Reveals Japanese Billionaire Yusaku Maezawa Will Fly Around the Moon on the Big Falcon Rocket.
Who is Yusaku Maezawa?
- Yusaku Maezawa is an entrepreneur and art collector. He is the founder of Start Today.
- He is such an avid collector that he has spent $110.5 million on a painting in the year 2016 by Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- In the year 1998, he launched an online fashion retail website Zozotown, which grew into the largest platform by the year 2004.
- Recently he even made a custom-fit apparel called ZOZO along with at-home measurement system, the ZOZOSUIT, in 2018.
- He is 42-year-old and currently, his net worth is of $2.9 billion according to Forbes.
- As much as he is an entrepreneur he was also a keen enthusiast in music. He had his own band at the very start of his career named Switch Style.
- Maezawa is the founder of Tokyo-based Contemporary Art Foundation in the year 2012. He wanted to support young artists to become pillars of contemporary art.
- He also has plans to open a contemporary art museum in Chiba where he will keep his own collection.SpaceX's BFR is currently being developed. It is not yet clear how much Maezawa has paid for buying this trip but the amount is definitely too much. He also plans to take other 6-7 artists with him, which he will choose.