Martin Charles Scorsese, popularly known as Martin Scorsese, will be celebrating his 77th birthday this year, on November 17. Often regarded has the most important and influential filmmakers of all time, Martin Scorsese has had an illustrious career spanning over 50 years. Throughout his career, the famous American-Italian has excelled in every field he has stepped in, be it as an actor, filmmaker, or even a historian. Martin Scorsese Birthday Special: 7 Lesser-Talked About but Brilliant Films by The Irishman Director That You Need to Watch Right Away!
There is no one award that Martin Scorsese hasn’t won in his 5-decade career. Martin Scorsese has won an Academy Award, Cannes Film Festival Best Director Award, Grammy Award, Silver Lion, Emmys, a Palme d'Or, BAFTAs, Golden Globes, and Directors Guild of America Awards. Scorsese is also a recipient of the AFI Life Achievement Award for his immense contribution to the world of cinema.
Martin Scorsese is revered as one of the most popular filmmakers in Hollywood – so much so that generations of filmmakers have looked up to him for inspiration and motivation in their works. As the much-celebrated celebrity, gears up for his 72nd birthday on November 17, we at LatestLY bring you some of the most thought-provoking quotes said by Martin Scorsese.
1. Now more than ever we need to talk to each other, to listen to each other and understand how we see the world, and cinema is the best medium for doing this.
2. I love studying Ancient History and seeing how empires rise and fall, sowing the seeds of their own destruction.
3. My whole life has been movies and religion. That's it. Nothing else!
4. It seems to me that any sensible person must see that violence does not change the world and if it does, then only temporarily.
5. Young filmmakers should learn how to deal with the money and learn how to deal with the power structure – because it is like a battle.
6. People have to start talking to know more about other cultures and to understand each other.
7. Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out.
8. And as I've gotten older, I've had more of a tendency to look for people who live by kindness, tolerance, compassion, a gentler way of looking at things.
9. I think there are only one or two films where I've had all the financial support I needed. All the rest, I wish I'd had the money to shoot another ten days.
10. Death comes in a flash, and that's the truth of it, the person's gone in less than 24 frames of film.
Martin Scorsese has a close relationship with another great in Hollywood, i.e. Robert De Niro. He has also had five collaborations with Leonardo DiCaprio. He has made a range of movies which surely would be on anyone’s watching list.
If you are planning to see some of Martin Scorsese’s best movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime or elsewhere this weekend, here’s a cue for you – Mean Streets, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, After Hours, The Last Temptation of Christ, Goodfellas, Casino, and The Irishman. As the decorated filmmaker Martin Scorsese celebrates his 72nd birthday today, we at LatestLY wish him a very ‘Happy Birthday!’