It is Christmas. The merry time of the year has finally arrived and people across the world are in their best joyous mood. It is a feeling- a time of the year that begins soon after Thanksgiving and Black Friday with decorating your house and the Christmas tree together with your family and friends. People gathers to party and give each other presents expressing gratitude. However, the holidays are also when you put on your large sweaters and binge guilt-free! Christmas 2018: Decorated Pineapples Replace Christmas Trees This Holiday Season! (View Pics)
What is Christmas without good food? While there are many traditional foods that people love to eat during Christmas like turkey with stuffing, in the desert there are pumpkin or apple pie, raisin pudding, etc. we cannot deny that Christmas celebration is incomplete without some fantastic cake! Who doesn't love the Rum/carrot cake or some creamy black forest cake? However, if your someone who doesn't eat eggs, here are a few eggless cake recipe for you!
Here's how you can make an eggless cake for Christmas
- 1 cup Maida
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp Butter or unflavored oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ + ¼ cup water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4-5 drops Vanilla essence
1 cup dry fruit will include-
- Cashew nuts
- Tutti Frutti
- Take Cinnamon powder or stick & dip it in ¼ cup hot water for 2 hours.
- Separate water & Cinnamon with a strainer.
- Cut dry fruits into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp Butter & add Sugar and melt it | Add ½ cup hot water.
- Add dry fruits & keep it aside for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven at 180° for 10 minutes on convection mode.
- Add Maida, Cornflour, baking powder, baking soda & pass it through a sieve.
- Mix ½ cup Butter, ½ cup Condensed Milk, 3-4 drops Vanilla essence and mix well | Add soaked dry fruits & mix.
- Add Cinnamon water.
- Add dry ingredients & mix with light hand.
- Pour the batter in cake tin & tap it to remove air bubbles.
- Bake it on convection for 20 minutes at 180° | Once again bake for 20 minutes at 160°.
Here's the video-
You must also try out this another easy variant of eggless cake that involves your favourite oreo!
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp/ 50 gms Sugar
- 1 Cup/240 ml Milk
- Baking Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a bowl.
- Blend the sugar in a blender and add in the oreo cookies, milk, and baking powder.
- Then blend everything together until it forms a cake batter.
- Now take a microwave safe container and grease it with oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Then microwave the cake on high for 5-6 minutes.
- Now put in a knife into the cake, if the knife comes out clean, it means your cake is done.
- Then let it cool completely and take it out in a plate.
- Decorate it with some powdered sugar and sprinkles and you're done!
Here's the video-
You may also want to try these eggless vanilla cupcakes for Christmas-
- All purpose flour: 1 cup
- Sugar (powered): 3/4 cup
- Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Butter/oil: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 3/4 cup
- Vinegar: 2 Tsp
- Milk powder: 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence: 2 Tsp
- Mix the all-purpose flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and sieve it.
- Keep the mix aside
- Take the milk and add vinegar to it. Once it begins to curdle, you can add butter, milk powder, sugar, and the vanilla essence to it.
- Whisk it well and add the all-purpose flour mix to it slowly.
- Pour the batter in the greased cupcake moulds to fill it upto one-fourth.
Here's the video-
These easy to make cake recipes are simply best for the Holiday season. You can also twist and turn the recipe according to your liking to give your touch to the recipe.