If you are someone always on a hunt for nutrition-packed foods, here's something that is really tiny but rich in nutrition-SEEDS. These immensely nutritious little bits won't stress your stomach and can provide you with essential nutrients. Some of the healthy seeds like Flaxseeds, Chia Seeds,
Hemp Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame seeds have been known to help you keep a number of health conditions at bay. The main reasons why seeds are considered to be amazingly healthy is because it has all the ingredients that a plant requires to develop into a plant. Also, most seeds are a rich source of fibre and contain good monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. To add to this, they also are rich in various vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. 8 Health Benefits of Ghee That Will Make You Ditch Butter and Oil.
While all the seeds are incredibly healthy, sesame seeds really stand out. They are inexpensive and are a staple in every Indian household across the country. Sesame seeds are also easy to eat as you can sneak it into whatever you eat, sweet to salty to soupy to munchy! The surprising health benefits of Sesame seeds will make you want to munch on it right away. Take a look-
- Aids Digestion- If you suffer from indigestion, black sesame seeds can come to your rescue. Black sesame seeds are known to be highly beneficial for people suffering from constipation, thanks to the fibre content and unsaturated fatty acid content. Since sesame seeds are rich in healthy oil, it can help make your bowel movements smoother.
- Helps reverse ageing- Rich in anti-ageing properties, til/sesame seeds can rejuvenate your skin and make wrinkles less evident. The powerful antioxidants present in sesame seed have also been known to help reverse the signs of ageing and provide you with youthful skin.
- Plague-free teeth- Believe it or not, til has fantastic benefits for dental health as well. Rich in healthy oil, til/sesame seeds can help you get rid of dental plaque and promotes oral health.
- Speeds up the Hair Growth- If you are someone suffering from hair loss or if your hair simply refuses to grow, you might want to include til or sesame seeds to help boost hair growth. Not only that, but it also helps strengthen the roots/ hair follicles. Til improves the overall health of hair. The oil omega fatty acids also help repair the damage done to the hair by styling and products. Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta) for Weight Loss, Hair Loss, Diabetes + 3 Other Health Benefits That You Should Know.
- Food for Skin- While the anti-ageing properties of til/sesame have been discussed but the effects on the overall health of your skin is miraculous. The rich oils present in Til/Sesame seeds doesn't only make your skin soft and glowing, the anti-inflammatory properties help soothe the sores, break-outs, etc.
- Helps regulate blood pressure-Rich in magnesium, Sesame seeds can help prevent hypertension. Also, the polyunsaturated fats and the compound sesamin present in sesame oil are work wonders in terms of maintaining the levels of BP.
- Boosts bone health-Rich in calcium and zinc, sesame seeds are known to help improve bone health tremendously. Some studies suggest that til/Sesame can help keep Osteoporosis at bay. World Osteoporosis Day 2018: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Options and Why This Bone Disease Affects Men and Women Differently.
- Help improve mental health-Serotonin, the neurotransmitter impacting our moods can cause depression or stress when not in balance. The amino acid called tyrosine, present in sesame oil can help balance it and help improve your mental health. It can help you feel confident and less stressed.
However, like everything else in the world, there is a flipside to sesame seeds too. If taken inappropriate amount, it can lead to bowel irritation. Also, you might want to watch out if you are allergic to it and pregnant women shouldn't have it with consulting the experts.