New Delhi [India], August 20 (ANI): After Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia alleged that Lieutenant General Anil Baijal rejected the proposal to form a committee to investigate deaths due to lack of oxygen, sources said that statements made by the Delhi Deputy CM were misleading on Friday.
Sisodia, earlier in the day, had claimed that the Central government wanted to hide the deaths due to lack of oxygen and the L-G has rejected a proposal to form a committee to investigate the deaths due to oxygen shortage.
Sources told ANI, "Neither the L-G nor GoI have said that deaths due to oxygen shortage should not be probed.
Sources added, "It has submitted its interim report and is working on the final report. The L-G and the Union Health Minister have reiterated that the said committee should be allowed to do its work. Setting up of another committee for the same purpose will only create confusion."
"The Govt has also been advised to follow the directions of Courts in the matter," sources said. (ANI)
(The above story is verified and authored by ANI staff, ANI is South Asia's leading multimedia news agency with over 100 bureaus in India, South Asia and across the globe. ANI brings the latest news on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Sports, Health, Fitness, Entertainment, & News. The views appearing in the above post do not reflect the opinions of LatestLY)













Quickly


