CBSE Class 10, 12 Exams 2019: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has made some significant changes for the board examinations in 2019. With the release of the sample papers for class 10 and class 12 students, CBSE has also released the revised question paper format for students of both the classes. Yes, as per the latest update, this time there is a marked increased in the internal choices that will now be offered in various subjects for the CBSE board exams in 2019. The number of internal choices has been increased by 33 percent. However, it must be noted that the revision has been made to a number of subjects only.
Candidates who are participating in next year’s board exams can check the list of subjects where more internal choice has been given on the official website; cbse.nic.in. The changes are made by carefully assessing the feedback received from various stakeholders, members of the Committee of Courses and the subject experts.
List of all the changes made by CBSE for board exams 2018-19
1. CBSE revised the passing criteria for class 10 students. In 2018 board exam, students were exempted from separate passing criteria in internal assessment and board examinations. Amidst much relief to students, the board has extended the passing standards from 2019 onwards. Now, the candidates will have to score 33 per cent in both internal and external exam (taken together) to surpass the board exams.
2. The board exams for CBSE candidates would start from the second week of February. However, only vocational subjects will be conducted in the said month. Exams for the core subjects will be conducted in the usual pattern in March 2019 with an early declaration of the results.
3. This year, the examination pattern for class 12 English board exam 2019 has been changed. Acting upon the feedback received from various stakeholders, CBSE decided to change the paper pattern. Now Section A would comprise 19 questions, and Section B questions have been reduced from 40 to 35. Further, the length of the passages in Section A (Reading) has been condensed to two instead of earlier three. Know the details of the new paper pattern for class 12 English board exam.
4. Only for this year, CBSE has allowed its affiliated schools to keep 45 students in each classroom of class 9 and class 11. But they will have to provide justification about the excess of students for seeking permission for their registration.
5. CBSE under strict investigation has now instructed all its affiliated schools to disclose the fee structure. Revising the bylaws, the board has now introduced a new admission and affiliation process. In any case, if the schools fail to follow it, they will lose their affiliation. Further, the application process has also been made simple, and the paperwork is reduced from 14 to just two.
The above are a few more changes, that CBSE this year have introduced for the benefits of the students. Besides, the board is expected to release the date sheet for the 2019 exam in December 2018. All the candidates are advised to keep a check with the official website of CBSE for all the recent updates.