While on the brighter side the overall literacy rate of India is going higher, how aware and learned are you in regards to your health and nutrition? Let's talk about the literacy rate in terms of health, wellness and nutrition today. It great expertise to understand nutrition and help curate a well-balanced, customised diet for each one. Our country is blessed with amazing nutritionists and dieticians, and the knowledge they impart helps people understand nutrition and holistic approach towards a healthy lifestyle. However, the awareness of the right food to eat and what not to is still quite low in the country.
A study says, 'In India, where close to 190 institutions offer nutrition at some academic level, the challenge is not infrastructure but trained faculty and mentors. Resources need to be invested in curriculum revisions, rigorous training, teaching research skills and integrating hands-on experiences, along with providing an environment with protected time for scientific reading/writing.' However, on a happier note, there are a few excellent books in India that impart the knowledge of healthy eating, living and weight loss that each and everyone must read. Here are a few such books that you may want to read. These books can be a perfect gift to someone as well.
- The Great Indian Diet by Shilpa Shetty Kundra- Shilpa Shetty Kundra is one of the fittest women from Bollywood that we have. She believes in healthy eating and yoga as well. This book written by the fitness goddess herself and it teaches you to value the locally grown and sourced food as she is a great believer of eating desi and the Indian diet.
- Don't Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight by Rujuta Diwekar: Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Divekar has a very unique take on food and healthy eating. She has put her thoughts down and added easy tips and trick in simple, relatable language to help you eat well.
- Confessions of a Serial Dieter by Kalli Purie: She has put down the story of her struggle with her weight and she will also encourage you to eat healthily. Not only does this book instil confidence in you, it will convince you that you can lose weight.
- Don't Diet by Kavita Devgan: How about not compromising on your diet and still losing weight? This book will tell you how. Filled with simple tips and recipes this book should be on your list.
- The Baby Elephant diet by Ravi Mantha: Talking about the importance of fibre to diet to help lose weight this book explains how you can get on a healthy lifestyle easily.
The book has all the answers! If you are a bookworm and a fitness enthusiast, there is nothing better than encouraging yourselves to lose weight by reading these book. Except don't binge eat while reading!