Playing card games is quite an entertaining activity to kill boredom, while playing them during a festive season, only heightens the fun quotient! And what better it could get than playing card games with your friends or relatives during the Diwali night! Well, after a day full of rituals and other festivities in the evening, a game or two of playing Poker with your loved ones is like a cherry on the cake.
There are different variants of Poker (except for Strip Poker too) being played across the globe! There are as many as seven popular variations of Poker loved by people – Texas Hold'em, Omaha, Seven-Card Stud, Razz, 2-7 Triple Draw, Pai Gow, and 5-Card Draw! Diwali 2018 Snack Recipes: From Mathris to Gujiyas, Prepare These Delicious Delicacies For Your Deepavali Party! (Watch Videos)
However, in India the most popular version of Poker is Texas Hold’em Poker. A lot of people play it during their free time, while some play it on special few occasions, like Diwali is one.
As the auspicious day of Diwali 2018 nears, we bring you a step-by-step guide of how can you indulge yourself in the game of Texas Hold’em Poker. Diwali 2018: Tips For Hosting The Perfect Party For The Festival of Lights.
Basic Rules of Playing Texas Hold’em Poker With Friends, Family or Online:
1. Ensure that you are sitting with a deck of 52 cards – it is a must for any type of poker game.
2. Any number of players can play the game, be it 2, 3, 5 or whatever! However, a maximum of 9 players only, can play the game in one go.
3. Each player is dealt two cards.
4. Round-by-round, a (community) card is opened by the dealer.
5. Each player has to make the best hand (mentioned below) possible using the two cards dealt and the five community cards which will be made public by the dealer as the game progresses.
6. There are four rounds of betting (until the five community cards are opened) before the dealer sees who has the better hand amongst all, and direct the entire pot of money to him or her! Diwali 2018 Shopping Offers on Home Decor: Buy Curtain, Decorative Lamps and Diyas Online for the Festive Season.a
Hand Rankings List of Texas Hold’em Poker:
1. Royal Flush (All cards of the same suit; however, in a sequence starting 10, J, Q, K, A).
2. Straight Flush (All cards of the same suit; however, the sequence can begin anywhere, i.e. 4-5-6-7-8 or A, 2, 3, 4, 5).
3. Four of a Kind (Four cards of the same value, i.e. K-K-K-K or 5-5-5-5).
4. Full House (Three of a Kind & a Pair, i.e. 4-4-4 & K-K, or J-J-J and 7-7).
5. Flush (All cards of the same suit, i.e. 7-8-9-10-11 or 2-3-4-5-6)
6. Straight (All cards in a sequence irrespective of the suit, i.e. 6-5-4-3-2 or 9-10-J-Q-K).
7. Three of a kind (Three cards (of any suit) that are the same value such as 8-8-8).
8. Two-pair (Sequence of two identical cards, i.e two pairs of any suit, eg: 9-9 AND 5-5).
9. Pair (A pair of two cards be it of any suit, i.e. K-K or 3-3).
10. High Card (Whatever your highest card is amongst all playing and cards laid on the table)
If the rules seem perplexing, here's a small video that will clear all your doubts pertaining to the gameplay. Diwali 2018 Greetings & Wishes: WhatsApp Stickers, Free GIF Image Messages, Facebook Status & Cover Photos to Share Online on Deepavali Festival.
Rules, Hand Rankings, and Other Points To Keep in Mind While Playing Poker: Watch Video
The game may look a bit confusing initially but once you get the hang of it, it gets very interesting and entertaining!
Note: We at LatestLY do not promote any illegal activity, gambling or sorts in any form. The above-mentioned Poker card game can be well played without the involvement of money. The following card game is only a mean of entertainment and spending some quality time with your family and nothing else!
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Nov 07, 2018 01:18 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).