Kolkata Man Accidentally Swallows Dentures, Gets Cured After 3 Years
Dentures (Photo credits: Wikimedia Commons)

Kolkata, September 24: In a shocking incident in Kolkata, a man accidentally swallowed his dentures, while eating. According to a Times of India report, the patient Dipak Nandi accidentally swallowed his two dentures, almost three years back while he was having his lunch. He didn't go to the doctor nor did he tell anyone about this for almost three months. Soon the dentures lodged in the mid-oesophagus started causing trouble in swallowing. Hyderabad: Dental Student Commits Suicide at His Residence in Madannapet, Alleges Harassment by College Staff in Suicide Note.

He was taken to the hospital, where his dentures were removed. But he had to fed through the Ryle's tube for almost two-and-a-half years, even after the surgery. The dentures had caused a fistula in the oesophagus, making him incapable of having food orally.

Post a series of major surgeries, the Ryle's tube was removed and he can have food orally. His brother as quoted in the report said that he used to avoid going out in the public.