Mumbai, December 5: The Mumbai Police on Thursday issued a traffic advisory for the 63rd Death Anniversary of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar. The traffic restrictions are in force from 3 pm on December 5 to 12 pm on Saturday, December 7. The various traffic restrictions and diversions are in place due to several events planned across the city on the occasion, commonly known as "Mahaparinirvan Din". Central Railway to Run 12 Special Trains on Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar's Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2019.
Stating that a large number of followers of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar will visit Chaityabhoomi at Dadar on December 6, Mumbai Police press release said, “a large number of followers of Dr Ambedkar are likely to visit Chaityabhoomi, Dadar. The followers of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar would start coming to Mumbai from 5th December 2019 and will remain till 7th December 2019. In view of this congregation on such a large scale at and around Shivaji Park, the movements of vehicular traffic will be effected on adjoining roads in the vicinity of Chaitya Bhoomi, Shivaji Park, Dadar." Remembering Dr BR Ambedkar ‘Father of Indian Constitution’ Through His Quotes.
Mumbai Police Tweet:
Please be advised about the alternate routes and diversions around Chaityabhoomi, Shivaji Park, Dadar on 63rd Death Anniversary of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar, on Dt 06th December 2019. Following will be reflected from 1500 hrs on 05/12/2019 to 2400 hrs on 07/12/2019. pic.twitter.com/e4h0UHz7tK
— Mumbai Police (@MumbaiPolice) December 5, 2019
One Way/ Closure of Roads
- SK Bole road will be "one-way" from Siddhivinayak Junction up to Hanuman Temple i.e. there will be "No-Entry" from Hanuman Temple.
- Bhavani Shankar Road will be "one-way" from Hanuman Temple/Dadar Kabutar Khana up to its junction with Gokhale Road South i.e. there will be "No-Entry" from Gokhale Road South via Gopinath Chavan Chowk except BEST Buses and Emergency/Utility services.
- SVS Road from Siddhivinayak Junction up to Hinduja Hospital will be closed for all vehicular traffic.
- Ranade Road will be closed.
- Dnyneshwar Road will be closed from its junction at SVS Junction upto Dadar Chowpatty.
- If necessary vehicular traffic will be closed from Dadar T.T.
- All heavy vehicles, goods vehicles including tempos (except BEST buses) will be diverted from Mahim Junction via Mori road towards Senapati Bapat Marg.
Meanwhile, Western Railway will run 12 special trains to clear extra rush on Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar's Mahaparinirvan Divas 2019. These trains will run from December 5 midnight. DR BR Ambedkar died on December 6, 1956, and since then, his death anniversary is marked as "Mahaparinirvan Divas" where pay people respect to the first law minister of India.