Man Dies After He Inhales Deadly Brain-Eating Amoeba at a Water Park
Man Dies After He Inhales Deadly Brain-Eating Amoeba at a Water Park. (Photo Credit: GoFundMe page)

In a tragic incident, a man died because a brain-eating amoeba, Naegleria Floweri, that he inhaled at a water park. Fabrizio Stabile, 29 had headaches for which he took some medicines the next day since sleep didn't help. However, after he woke up the next day, he began speaking incoherently that his mother noticed and called the ambulance without wasting any time. Doctors began to treat him for bacterial meningitis but soon realised that he was not responding to the treatment and many of the tests weren't able to diagnose what had actually happened to the boy until Thursday which was too late. The result of a spinal tap finally came positive. However, it was already delayed to administer the drug that had previously been given to three of the only five known survivors in North America.

The GoFundMe page called The Fabrizio Stabile Foundation describes his condition as, 'At first, Fabrizio’s symptoms (brain swelling and fever) appeared consistent with bacterial meningitis, and he was quickly sedated and treated with the appropriate medication and aggressive neurological protocol. Unfortunately, Fabrizio was not responding to these measures, and his condition was rapidly deteriorating. He had been tested for a multitude of illnesses caused by various bacteria and viruses, but the results were coming back negative or inconclusive. Finally on Thursday, one of the test results came back positive. As family and friends huddled in the ICU waiting room, we were delivered a devastating blow. '

On Friday, September 21 Fabrizio was finally pronounced dead. However, the doctors claim that Stabile contracted the deadly amoeba after inhaling it through his nose while visiting the water park.