Mumbai, December 15: The Bombay High Court on Wednesday dismissed the plea of the Maharashtra government seeking transfer of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) case against Anil Deshmukh for Rs 100 crores protection money collection.
The plea sought the transfer of this case to Maharashtra DGP Sanjay Pandey and the State's former Chief Secretary Sitaram Kunte. Also Read | Semiconductor Shortage: Union Cabinet Clears Rs 1,300 Crore Incentive Scheme to Promote Digital Payments.
In its order, the Bombay HC has said no case is made out that CBI should not be trusted with the investigation. Also Read | All Is Not Well Between Virat Kohli and BCCI? Indian Test Captain Contradicting Board President Sourav Ganguly's Comments Say So!.
Earlier in the day, a suspended cop of Mumbai Police, Sachin Waze cleared former Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh's name in the extortion case and said that no money was demanded by him or his staff during his tenure at the office.
On November 2, Deshmukh was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in connection with the alleged Rs 100-crore extortion and money laundering case.The arrest was made after 13 hours of Deshmukh's questioning at the central agency's office
Singh had accused Anil Deshmukh of asking dismissed assistant inspector Sachin Waze to collect Rs 100 crore from hotels and bars in Mumbai every month.
(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from Syndicated News feed, LatestLY Staff may not have modified or edited the content body)