On the fifth day of Magh month, Indians celebrate Basant Panchami, also known as Saraswati Puja. The idea is to welcome the spring season and Basant Panchami festival is the best way to do so. It is also called Sri Panchami and Gyan Panchami is some regions of the country. This festival is celebrated on the day of Shukla Panchami and it bids a farewell to the winter season. Saraswati Puja Bhajans for Basant Panchami 2020: List of Devotional Songs to Worship the Goddess of Knowledge (Watch Videos).
According to the Hindu calendar, the entire year is divided into 6 seasons, which include Vasant Ritu, Summer Ritu, Varsha Ritu, Sharad Ritu, Hemant Ritu and Shishir Ritu. Out of all the seasons, Vasant is considered to be the king of all the seasons, that is why Basant Panchami is celebrated to welcome the season. From this day, spring begins, crops get ready for harvest, flowers start blooming and mother Earth blooms in greenery. Basant Panchami Images & Saraswati Puja HD Wallpapers for Free Download Online: Wish Happy Vasant Panchami 2019 With WhatsApp Sticker Messages and GIF Greetings.
However, on this day Goddess Saraswati is celebrated and prayers are offered to the goddess of knowledge. But there are some amazing facts about the Goddess that you may not know of:
- Goddess Saraswati is also known as Vaakdevi as she is represents wisdom.
- Saraswati Maa is always clothed in white and sits on a white lotus, playing the Veena.
- Took seek her blessing, people recite Saraswati Vandana Mantra, as one of the hymns dedicated to her.
- Saraswati is also the part of Tridevi(three main goddesses) along with Parvati and Lakshmi.
- The day is observed as the birth day of Mata Saraswati was born. Therefore pandals are created and special pujas are held.
- It is said that, on the day of Basant Panchami, seeking the boon of knowledge and wisdom from Mother Saraswati is considered lucky.
- Goddess Saraswati is also worshipped by the Jains.
- As per the Vedantas, she represents the feminine energy.
- Goddess Saraswati always holds a book in one of her hands.
Basant considers Panchami day to be auspicious for the initiation of education. On this day, 4 should be prepared with honey on the child's tongue. It is believed that with this the child becomes knowledgeable and starts learning early. The first morsel of food is also fed to children who have completed 6 months. This day is very auspicious for Annaprashan.
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jan 26, 2020 11:00 AM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).