There is a famous saying, "Eat Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." Yes, it is essential to have large, healthful breakfast for a fit body. People who do not skip their breakfast have a stronger immune system and a healthy appetite. Eating the right food in the morning even help you focus better at work. What's more? It also helps you stay fit and slim. Here's why breakfast is necessary for weight loss and what makes your morning meal healthy. Keto Breakfast Recipes: Ditch Expensive Restaurants! Quick and Easy Meals You Can DIY at Home If You Are on a Ketogenic Diet.
Why is Breakfast Necessary for Weight Loss?
- Breakfast will help fuel your metabolism, and a high metabolic rate is very vital for weight loss which decreases with increase in age.
- The first meal of your day stabilises the blood sugar levels.
- If you kick off the day with a healthy breakfast, you won't face problems like headaches, sluggishness, drowsiness and weakness. Moreover, apart from aiding weight loss, it makes you healthier.
- A full-fledged breakfast in the morning will keep you full and thereby decrease your cravings. Therefore, people who are on weight loss should ensure that they never miss their breakfast.
- A plentiful breakfast with high protein can help affect your gastrointestinal hormone, which signals the brain to control appetite and satiety.
What makes your morning meal healthy?
- Protein-rich food along with fibre is ideal for morning breakfast as this will keep the person full. Also, protein takes times to digest, making the digestive system break it slowly and releasing glucose slowly in the blood.
- Do not have breakfast that is abundant in carbs and fats since it can make you feel drowsy. And carbs will load the body with sugar the first thing in the morning, which is not good.
- Breakfast should ideally include foods like oatmeal, whole eggs and fibre-rich fruit like apple. It is recommended to add two full eggs in morning meal as it will provide your body with healthy fats and high protein, thereby enabling fast metabolism throughout the day. However, people with high cholesterol should not consume the yolk of the egg.
- Vegetarians can include chickpea, or quinoa seeds instead of eggs for protein.
Unfortunately, we see many people around us who skip their breakfast at home to avoid getting late at work and later end up eating quick junk food. This is the reason why many urbanites have bad health, and unfit, overweight bodies. We should manage our time by waking up early, doing some light exercise and eating a healthy breakfast.