Ganesh Chaturthi and the whole of Ganesh Utsav is incomplete without the yummy Modaks. Lord Ganesha's favourite sweet Modak is loved and savoured by all. There are various types of Ganesh Chaturthi Modak Recipe; you can try, also 5 Traditional Dishes You Can Prepare at Home for this Ganpati Festival. Right from the day Lord Ganesha's idol is placed called the sthapana to the tenth day when it is immersed, devotees offer different types of sweets to Lord Ganesha out of which, Modak is deemed to his favourite. Lord Ganesha is also called as Modakapriya(some who loves Modal and as per the rituals, 21 modaks are offered to the Lord Ganesha. Modaks look like steamed dumplings and are made from rice flour or wheat flour. The relationship of Lord Ganesha with his favourite sweet Modak is unique and exciting. Here is the Significance, History, Importance, Rituals & Why is the Festival of Lord Ganesha Celebrated for 10 Days.
However, for people who have diabetes or suffer from conditions that don't allow them to have sweet and still love Modak, things can difficult. But Fret not, with simple swaps in the ingredients you can make your favourite Modak healthier.
Here are a few tips to help improve the nutrition profile of Modak.
1. First of all, you must try to satiate your cravings in minimal portion anything taken under controlled portion isn't unhealthy.
2. Use whole wheat flour instead of rice flour to avoid excess carbs.
3. Instead of deep frying consume it in the steamed form itself or simply bake it to cut down on excess oil.
4. For the fillings use healthy nuts and coconut to make the sweet healthier
5. Do not use refined sugar to make the Modaks instead use plant sweeteners like stevia or dates to make it sweet.
6. Use ghee in moderation.
7. Make smaller modaks to reduce the portions.
8. Strictly use homemade modaks so that you have control over the ingredients.
Even though it may sound a bit of setback to be talking about health during festivals but is important because festivals are to be blamed for a sudden sugar rush or increase in the blood sugar levels because of people brushing their diet under the carpet during such festivals. May Lord Ganesha bestow you with health and prosperity. Do you know this year's Ganesh Chaturthi 2018 Sthapana Muhurat, the Auspicious Time, Puja Vidhi For Vinayaka Chaturthi? Also, here is the Puja Samagri You Will Need for The Ganpati Sthapna to Welcome Bappa.